Republican Mike Pusley serves as Nueces County Commissioner for Precinct One. He was elected to the Commissioner’s Court in November 2008 and took office in January of 2009 to serve a four-year term. Precinct One includes most of northern Nueces County including North Beach, Downtown Corpus Christi, the Del Mar and Lindale areas, Agnes and Leopard Street corridor, Annaville, Tuloso-Midway, Calallen, Bluntzer and ending at County Road 70.
Mike is a lifelong resident of Corpus Christi and Nueces County. He is married to his high school sweetheart, Norma, and together they have two daughters and three grandchildren. He is a 1969 graduate of Roy Miller High School, received an Associate of Arts Degree from Del Mar College, a Bachelor of Science Degree in Geology from Texas A&M Corpus Christi, and completed his Geological Field Studies at Texas Tech University.
His professional career began with Exxon in 1975 and then moved to EOG Resources where he has been for the past 30 years. He is a member of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists, the Corpus Christi Geological Society, and the Gulf Coast Geophysical Society.
Mike brings to the Commissioner’s Court a strong work ethic that is supported by his dedication to the development of one of the leading oil and gas exploration companies in North America. His long-term commitment to success in business has allowed him to gain a strong working knowledge of our local economy.
Being actively involved in public service to this community for the past twenty-one years, gives Mike valuable experience and a better understanding of the issues and economic concerns we face in both Corpus Christi and Nueces County.
His primary goals will be to ensure taxpayer confidence in Nueces County Government, a local workforce that is utilized to its fullest potential and the economic development of Corpus Christi and Nueces County.
- 2001 – 2007 Member of the Corpus Christi Planning Commission
- 2007 – 2008 Member of the Unified Development Code
- 1998 - 2000 Chairman of the Future Facilities Committee Tuloso-Midway ISD
- 1997 – 2001 Member of the Corpus Christi Storm Water Management Advisory Committee
- 1996 – 1997 Member of the Drainage Utility AD HOC Committee
- 1989 – 1990 President, Tuloso-Midway Board of Trustees
- 1987 – 1988 Vice-President, Tuloso-Midway Board of Trustees
- 1986 – 1995 Elected to the Tuloso-Midway Board of Trustees