Laura Garza Jimenez, who is licensed in state and federal courts, along with her staff of seventeen employees proudly serve the people of Nueces County. The Chief of Litigation, the Chief of Administrative Services, and support staff sustain the functions and operations of the Nueces County Attorney’s office.
Description of Office
- Provides legal advice to the Commissioners Court, elected officials, and County Boards.
- Represents County/County Officials in administrative proceedings (Civil Service/EEOC) and in civil litigation cases.
- Prosecutes protective orders and mental commitments.
- Represents the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services in parental rights termination proceedings of abused or neglected children.
- As a member of the County Collective Bargaining Team, participates in collective bargaining negotiations.
- Bail Bond Forefetures