- Currently, the elected Constable for Pct. 2 Nueces County, Texas.
- Over 35 years experience as a police officer in Nueces County Constable operations serving as a deputy constable, captain and legal advisor.
- Licensed by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) since 1981.
- Currently licensed as a Master Peace Officer by TCOLE.
- TCOLE previous licenses: basic peace officer, intermediate peace officer and advanced peace officer license.
- Member Texas Justice of the Peace and Constable Association.
- 25 plus years civil trial practice with emphasis on commercial litigation, business litigation, business formations and contracts
- Licensed in Texas by the Texas Supreme Court
- Licensed in Tennessee by the Tennessee Supreme Court
- Admitted to practice in the United States Supreme Court
- Admitted to practice in the United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Southern and Western Districts of Texas.
- Admitted to practice in all Texas State Courts
- Admitted to practice in all Tennessee State Courts
- Associate of Science in Police Science – Del Mar College
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology – Corpus Christi State University
- Juris Doctorate – St. Mary’s University School of Law
- United States Marine Corps
- 4 Years Active Duty
- Sgt. E-5
- Duties: Military Policeman
- U.S.M.C. Drill Instructor at MCRD San Diego
- Honorable Discharge
Constable Mitchell Clark
After graduating from King High School in Corpus Christi, Constable Clark went on to join the United States Marine Corps During his active duty enlistment, he served as a military policeman with a specialty in corrections and eventually was selected for the highly prestigious Marine Corp Drill Instructor School at San Diego After graduation, he served as a Drill Instructor in 2nd Battalion helping train young men to become Marines He obtained the rank of Sergeant and was given an honorable discharge.
Upon his return to Corpus Christ, Constable Clark enrolled in college and began his career as a deputy constable He went to school full time and worked full time as a police officer in the Nueces County Constable operations serving in Precincts, 1, 2 and 8.
After graduating Law School and receiving his law license, Constable Clark began a long career as a trial attorney, working on cases across the United States but never forgetting his first love, law enforcement Constable Clark remained working in the Constable operations on a non-paid basis while practicing law. On November 8, 2016, Constable Clark was elected to a four year term by the citizens of Precinct 2.
Constable Clark is committed to providing the citizens of Precinct 2 a safe environment in which to work and live by using technology, equipment and his highly trained officers and administrative staff. Constable Clark’s innovative programs such as: “Walk with the Constable” wherein the Constable and his officers will go directly into a neighborhood and meet with the people and listen to their concerns. This program will help him devise and implement ways to resolve those concerns. Another program is the “Talk with the Constable” program wherein the Constable uses various social media sights to communicate directly with the citizens in Precinct 2. This program allows citizens to submit questions and concerns and in turn, it will help the Constable respond with the best possible solutions to their questions and concerns.
The Department serves the citizens of Nueces County from Flour Bluff to the Southside and out towards Chapman Ranch, all of which are one of the fastest growing areas in the county. The Department provides safety and protection to its citizens via community based policing and pro-active law enforcement efforts.
Constable Clark’s office is always open. Feel free to call or come by to visit the Constable or one of his officers. We are here to serve, protect and defend.