Nueces County Standing Orders on Remote Proceedings in Civil, Family and Felony Criminal Cases
Misc. No. ________
NUECES COUNTY STANDING ORDERS ON REMOTE PROCEEDINGS IN CIVIL, FAMILY AND FELONY CRIMINAL CASES
These Standing Orders on Remote Proceedings in Civil, Family and Felony Criminal Cases were unanimously adopted by the Nueces County District Judges during a specially held meeting on April 16, 2020. These orders are effective on April 16, 2020 and shall remain in effect until the Governor of the State of Texas and/or The Supreme Court of Texas lifts all emergency orders and/or the orders are revoked by the Board of Judges.
WE, THE UNDERSIGNED NUECES COUNTY DISTRICT JUDGES AND TITLE IV-D JUDGE, FIND:
- Governor Abbott declared a State of Emergency for the State of Texas regarding the COVID-19 Virus;
- The Supreme Court of Texas issued multiple emergency Orders regarding the COVID-19 State of Disaster, requiring measures to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 to protect the health and welfare of all; and
- Nueces County adopted The Order to Stay at Home.
- All jury trials are hereby cancelled and will resume on June 1, 2020.
- All essential and non-essential hearings will be held via Zoom and/or CourtCall videoconferencing until further order of the courts.
- The general requirements for remote Civil, Family and Criminal proceedings are as follows:
IT IS THEREFORE ORDERED: