Permit Information

Applications for alcoholic beverage licenses are available at the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC), P.O. Box 13127, Austin, Texas 78711. Local offices of the TABC can be found on the TABC website. The application for a new license will instruct you on where to go to get the application processed. When you receive your application for a renewal beer license from TABC, bring it to the Nueces County Tax Office at 901 Leopard, Ste. 301, Corpus Christi, Texas 78401. If you have proper identification and are the owner listed on the application, a deputy in our office will notarize your renewal application. The Tax Office will issue a temporary receipt that must remain in public view on your premises until you receive your permanent license from TABC. The fees shown on the application are State of Texas fees only. You will also have to pay Nueces County fees (which are one-half of the State fee) and, when appropriate, a renewal fee of $2.00.

Renewal applications can be processed by mail as long as the form is completely filled out, all copies are signed by the owner, and all copies are notarized. Payment can be made by cashiers check or money order. Renewals by mail should be addressed to Kevin Kieschnick, Tax Assessor-Collector, Attn: Beer and Wine Department, 901 Leopard, Ste. 301, Corpus Christi, Texas 78401. Renewal applications can also be processed in person at our downtown office, located at 901 Leopard, Ste 301, Corpus Christi, Texas 78401. Please telephone our office at (361) 888-0425 should you have any questions concerning the permit/license process.

Beer licenses cannot be renewed earlier than 30 days of its expiration date. If you fail to renew you license on time, but apply for renewal between the first and the 10th day after the expiration date, a late fee of $100.00 will be added. If you fail to renew your license on time, and more than 10 days lapse after the expiration date, you will be required to do the following:

  • Cease selling beer
  • Re-file with TABC

When you mail the renewal for a liquor license to TABC, you should also contact the Nueces County Tax Office to pay the appropriate fee for the Nueces County Liquor Permit. This fee is always one-half of the state fee. Renewals for the Nueces County permit can also be processed by mail, or done at the County Courthouse location.