ALL PERSONS present in the Courtroom shall be neatly dressed in a manner that shows dignity and respect for the Court.
- Baggy Pants
- Oversized Coats (Jackets)
- Flip Flop style Shoes
- Cropped Shirts
- Muscle Shirts
- Clothing indicating Gang Affiliation
- Clothing With:
Offensive, Vulgar, Racist, Sexist, Obscene, Suggestive Words, Slogans, Depictions, or Pictures, including Grotesque Creatures
Provocative Clothing designed, styled, or worn to provoke emotion or disrupt or distract will not be allowed
Conduct in the Courtroom also includes the reception/foyer area, jury room and/or any office space assigned to the Justice Court
- Any type WEAPONS are PROHIBITED in the courtroom and this building EXCEPT for LAW ENFORCEMENT PERSONNEL
- Absolutely no cellular phones in the courtroom (pagers are allowed on silent mode)
- Be on time
- Adhere to the bailiff 's instructions
- Address the court as "Judge" or "Your Honor"
- Do not argue with the court
- Address opposing parties, counsel, witnesses and court officers as "Mr.", "Mrs.", "Miss", "Dr.", etc. Do not use first names, except with children 14 years of age and younger.
- Do not approach the Judge's bench without permission
- Racist, sexist, obscene, or profane language is prohibited unless it is pertinent to a case, and is elicited and quoted from facts in the case.
- Do not chew gum in the Courtroom or bring drinks or food items into the Courtroom
- Do not enter or depart the Courtroom excessively and do not slam the doors
- Do nothing to disturb or distract the court, counsels, witnesses or other court personnel
- All property in the Courtroom and reception area must be treated with respect. No writing on any papers posted or furniture.
- No recording devices are allowed without judicial approval
- Respect court personnel at all times