Volunteers / Mentors play an integral role in complementing the services provided by the Nueces County Juvenile Probation Department. Volunteers are recruited and trained to be of assistance to both clients and staff. Their services are utilized in areas that best match their training and interests.
Potential volunteers must meet the department’s volunteer requirements. There are several areas in which we rely on the support of volunteers:
- Intern Program - College students are given the opportunity to work with a Juvenile Probation Officer to gain hands on experience working with juvenile offenders.
- Non-denominational youth ministry
- Mentoring in the Barnes Regional Placement Facility
- Friendly visitor in detention
- Mentoring youth on probation
Please print and complete the Volunteer Application and email it to Paul.Flores@NuecesCo.com at the Main Office.
All volunteers are required by law to have finger prints on record.
Please fill out the FAST application and make arrangements to have your fingerprints taken.
Additional instructions are on the application.
Volunteers / mentors / interns eligibility requirements:
• At least 21 years old
• Criminal history check
• Sex offender background check
For additional information please contact Paul Flores at (361) 561-6130.