The Nueces County Sheriff's Office is dedicated to the promotion of public safety by providing services that are progressive, innovative, and visionary in collaboration with the resources in our community.
-Sheriff J. C. Hooper
Professional Vision Standards
- Our principle standard is to protect life and property
- We treat each other, and the community, with dignity and respect
- Our employees are our most valued assets
- We value community partnerships
- We demand the highest level standard of honesty and integrity
- We value personal and professional growth through education and training
- We strive to maintain the highest level of public trust
- We recognize the importance of investing in the future of our community's children
- We recognize diversity as strength
What We're Looking For
The Nueces County Sheriff's Office is recognized for its innovation and leadership in police professionalism. The Sheriff's Office is in the forefront of such concepts as problem solving and community-oriented policing. We are an organization where individuals do make a difference.
The Sheriff's Office attracts and retains men and women who reflect the diversity of our community. We need individuals who can enforce the law and who want to work with citizens to improve the quality of life in Nueces County.
Nueces County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In order to become a Nueces County Deputy Sheriff or Corrections Officer, you must:
- Be a high school graduate or possess a GED.
- Possess a valid Texas motor vehicle operator's License.
- Be willing to attend the NCSO Training Academy to become certified as a Corrections Officer.
Salary And Benefits
The Starting Salary for becoming a Nueces County Cadet Corrections Officer as of October 1, 2019 is $33,853.04 annually. Once certified as a Corrections officer the annual salary is $37,944.92. Some of the benefits include:
- Access to Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental Plan
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Texas County and District Retirement System
- Opportunity for Advancement
How To Apply
Use our Online Application.
If you are interested in the Nueces County Sheriff's Office, we encourage you to gain more information by discussing career opportunities with our recruiting staff between 08:00 A.M. and 5:00 P.M. weekdays.
(On county holidays, please call 361-887-2222.)
Nueces County Sheriff's Office
901 Leopard Street
Corpus Christi, Texas 78401
P.O. Box 1940
Corpus Christi, Texas 78403